Help! The tax man has fined me for non payment of GST. What can I do?

I run a dental practice and we have just received a fine from the ATO for late lodgment of our BAS and GST payment. Is there anything we can do?

Law Noob Asked on 26 August 2015 in Tax.
Add Comment
  • Advertisement:

  • 1 Answer(s)

    The Tax Office often will waive the penalty if you act quickly and provide a reasonable explanation for the delay.

    You can choose  to have your BAS statements posted to your chosen address or you can now lodge them electronically, which may help to ensure you lodge them in time in the future.

    Legal Eagle Answered on 8 September 2015.
    Add Comment

    Your Answer

    By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.